We’ve put together a variety of tools to be used by all fellow Second Amendment supporters to fight off the onslaught of anti-Constitutional bills that Democrats AND Republicans in Congress are trying to ram through. Challenging times need to be met head on and that’s our intent. You’ll find:
- A petition that automatically sends letters to every member of the U.S. House of Representatives, the U.S. Senate, all 50 governors, the Department of Justice, and President Joe Biden.
- A form letter than you can copy/paste and then personalize to your liking and either email it to your respective Congressmen and Senators or print out with your info and mail via the U.S. Postal Service.
- Links to find your respective Congressmen and Senators’ email addresses and phone numbers.
- Links to the various bills attacking our Second Amendment rights.
- My own brief summary of these bills along with what they really mean.
- Talking points to use when contacting your elected officials.
- Memes to use and post on social media. Yes, memes. Sadly, many Americans actually get a lot of their info from memes and posts that they can digest in seconds. I’ll be creating topic specific memes that include facts about these bills, the politicians putting them out, and any other pertinent data. I know this is an odd approach, but it’s a sign of the times as well as a very successful tactic the anti-gun movement has employed to “educate” their group-thinking followers.
We’ll be updating this portion of the Legally Armed America website as often as possible or as the need arises.
PETITION TO ELECTED OFFICIALS
When you sign this petition, a copy is sent to every member of the U.S. Congress, every U.S. Senator, every U.S. Governor, the Department of Justice, and the President of the United States. The petition is reminding them of the oath they took to defend the Constitution as well as what our intent is as voting Americans if they continue to ignore the Constitution.
THE PETITION: https://www.change.org/p/u-s-senate-self-defense-rights-are-human-rights-8ba762ac-ee0d-4f20-8ac9-d1cfa29e00c2https://www.change.org/p/u-s-senate-self-defense-rights-are-human-rights/preview
LETTER TO COPY/PASTE (Make sure to include your own personal information prior to printing out for mailing or emailing.)
Dear Congressman XXXX or Senator XXXX,
As an honest, law-abiding American I feel the need to reach out to you, my government servants. I am watching elected politicians go against the will of the people and their constituents in real time with little to no regard for the U.S. Constitution. I am so troubled by the reckless activities of these public servants that I felt the need to research the oath that you people take when elected into office. I realize it may have been some time since you’ve seen these words (we’ll talk about term limits another time) so I felt compelled to share them with you:
I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.
I am curious how you can ignore the phrase ” I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States”, because you are. You may choose to interpret the Second Amendment however you wish, but it’s not up for interpretation. It means what it says.
Your open attack on commonly used semi-automatic rifles is a direct violation of the oath above. It’s not debatable. It’s clear your research is flawed or purposely deceptive because semi-automatic rifles – which you refer to as the inaccurate and fabricated name of “assault weapon” – are only used in less than 4% of gun murders. Handguns – used in 64% of gun murders – are also being deceptively targeted in our assault on our rights. That’s a tool that the majority of Americans use to defend their families with, yet you seek to limit and outlaw them all.
Self defense is a God-given right. It is a human right. The fact that you seek to render me and my family defenseless is inexcusable. You all refuse to enforce gun laws already on the books, yet seek to implement even more. You push to “defund police” yet push to limit my means of protection.
Banning any type of firearm while ignoring criminal elements that continue to exist while thinking it will deter crime in any way is equivalent to moving a rabid dog’s food bowl to a different part of the room. The dog won’t miss a meal.
Let me be clear – you will not rob me of my God-given human right to defend myself and my family. Not while you benefit from my tax dollars paying to protect your unconstitutional self from those same threats with those same self defense weapons you seek to prevent me from owning. You people forget who you work for. You are MY servant. You work for ME. You will learn what your place is or me and every other freedom-loving American will vote you out of office. You can no longer deceive us with sound bites and fabricated statistics. We are onto you. You are creating a human rights crisis that you cannot fix once it is put in motion.
Law-abiding Americans of all political parties, classes, creeds, colors, and walks of life have reached the limits of our tolerance with unqualified public servants like you attempting to dictate our protections away and ruling like a drunk tyrant outside of the confines of the laws our forefathers outlined for us in the U.S. Constitution. Get it together or plan your retirement. We are “woke”. And you woke us. Read your oath above again if it helps.
A reckoning is upon us.
FACTS AND TALKING POINTS
- The congressionally-mandated study of the federal “assault weapon ban” of 1994-2004 found that the ban had no impact on crime, in part because “the banned guns were never used in more than a modest fraction of gun murders.” Rifles of any type are used in only two percent of murders.
- Research conducted by the RAND Corporation found no conclusive evidence that banning “assault weapons” or “large” capacity magazines has any effect on mass shootings or violent crime.
- Murder rates were 19.3% higher when the Federal [assault weapon] ban was in effect.
- AR-15s are the most commonly used rifles in marksmanship competitions, training, and home defense.
- Total violent crime and murder has fallen to near historic lows, while ownership of the firearms and magazines that gun control supporters want banned has risen to all-time highs.
- AR-15s and other semi-automatic rifles are not the fully-automatic, military-grade firearms they are often claimed to be by gun control supporters and the media. By design, these civilian rifles cannot function like the military variants.
- Ammunition magazines that hold more than 10 rounds are standard equipment for many handguns and rifles that Americans keep for self-defense.
- From 1991, when violent crime hit an all-time high, to 2017, the nation’s total violent crime rate decreased 48 percent, including a 46 percent decrease in the murder rate while Americans during this time bought about 200 million new firearms, including more than eleven million AR-15s, and so many tens of millions of standard or “high capacity” handgun and rifle magazines that it seems pointless to attempt a count.
LINKS TO CONTACT CONGRESS AND THE SENATE
U.S. Senate: https://www.senate.gov/senators/senators-contact.htm
U.S. House: https://www.house.gov/representatives
Your State’s Governor: https://www.usa.gov/state-governor
Your State’s House and Senate: https://www.congress.gov/state-legislature-websites
LINKS TO PROPOSED BILLS
S.736 – SEMI-AUTOMATIC RIFLE/SHOTGUN/PISTOL AND STANDARD CAPACITY MAGAZINE BAN – A bill to regulate assault weapons, to ensure that the right to keep and bear arms is not unlimited, and for other purposes.
- This bill seeks to outlaw the manufacture, sale, and purchase of commonly used firearms such as most semi-automatic
H.R.8 – OUTLAW PRIVATE FIREARM SALES/TRANSFERS – Bipartisan Background Checks Act of 2021
- This bill seeks to outlaw non-FFL firearms sales or transfers unless an FFL is hired to conduct the transfer. This includes gifts, loaning of firearms, and inheriting firearms and exempts the government from this law.
H.R.1446 – EXTENDS DELAY TIME ON NICS APPROVALS – Enhanced Background Checks Act of 2021
- This bill creates an extended delay process that can quickly and easily delay a purchaser indefinitely through delays and expirations of NICS checks.
H.R.127 – REQUIRES LICENSES AND INSURANCE TO OWN A GUN – Sabika Sheikh Firearm Licensing and Registration Act
- This bill seeks to force law-abiding Americans to have to purchase a license to own and firearm and purchase government insurance to do so. There are a host of other infringements in this bill. While this bill to date has no cosponsors, it’s a good indicator of what the anti-gun politicians true future intentions are.
- Impact Evaluation of the Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Use Protection Act of 1994
- Updated Assessment of the Federal Assault Weapons Ban: Impacts on Gun Markets and Gun Violence, 1994-2003
SOCIAL MEDIA MEMES