The Legally Armed America crew headed out to the annual SHOT Show extravaganza in Las Vegas and as always, a good time was had by all. Of course, when that many pro-gun conservatives and that few anti-gun liberals are all in one place (not to mention all the firearms!), how could one have a bad time? Here are some of the more notable things to pass on:
- Lena Miculek, formerly of Team Smith & Wesson, has officially jumped ship and landed at Team Sig Sauer. Who saw this coming? Lena, long seen as part of the “First Family Of Shooting” with her mom, Kay Clark Miculek, and her dad, the legendary Jerry Miculek, seemed to be in a position she was comfortable with from the outside looking in. But clearly with her own dominance in the 3 Gun world of shooting she will now be given more room to grow outside of and away from the shadow of her mom and legendary father. We think this is a good thing for Lena as well as for Sig Sauer as they add her to a roster boasting one of the top male shooters in the world, Max Michel. Good luck to Lena and Sig!
- The “Echo” Trigger by FosTech: This drop in trigger allows the shooter to fire two shots with one complete trigger pull. That means that the initial rearward pull of the trigger will drop a hammer and fire a round, and then at the point the trigger resets in the forward position the hammer will again drop, firing a round. The drop in trigger pack along with selector switch will have an MSRP of $479. The first two positions of the selector switch will remain the same on safe and fire, but the third position reserved for “select fire” will now be where the Echo lives and flexes its muscles. In the production process as we speak, look for the Echo to be readily available by May of this year.
- The “RMCS” by Windham Weaponry: You’ve been hearing us talk about Windham Weaponry’s new and successful release of their multi-caliber rifle, the RMCS, but it was officially unveiled at SHOT. This rifle which can be had in various caliber choices including 9mm, 7.62×39, 300 BLK, and 5.56. The four barrel kit will MSRP for around $2800. Look for this rifle to change the way AR-15 shoppers choose their next purchases. We have tested the rifle and it passes in every category.
- Gun District sponsors Max Michel: Although in the works for some time, with the coming of the new year comes a brand new competition jersey for World Champion shooter, Max Michel. Max was one of the first professional shooters on the web’s only 100% pro-gun social community, Gun District. Max’s classy, but no nonsense approach matches that of Gun District who pride themselves of being the anti-Facebook as Facebook continues to discriminate against gun companies everywhere. Visit Gun District at www.GunDistrict.com and Max and www.MaxMichel.com
- Kalashnikov “AK Alpha”: The AK has officially had a major makeover and who better to do it than Kalashnikov? With new features such an adjustable buttstock, modular buttpads, modular pistol grip contour, ambidextrous magazine release, ambidextrous AR-15-style 90-degree throw safety, left/right swappable charging handle, and forearm with removable Picatinny rail sections, the Alpha is sure to bring new AK buyers out of the shadows. We weren’t actually able to touch one as the three Kalashnikov had at SHOT were all behind glass! As soon as we get our hands on one we will pass on all the coolness.